Sunday, October 5, 2008

On teaching...

...leadership. "Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it." I've always wanted to teach leadership in a formal classroom setting and I've been given the opportunity to do so this year. However, what I'm teaching, and how I'm teaching it isn't exactly in line with my preferred style. Weaving readings from the humanities, film and reflections on both current and historical leaders around the theory of transformational leadership is quite challenging. I've also been asked to serve as on the steering committee for both a local leadership program and our new campus program. The challenge with the new campus program is that it is centered around a leadership theory (Senge) I'm quite unfamiliar with, and not sure that I even agree with. Still, I wanted opportunities to share my expertise and stretch myself - and here I am. I got what I wished for!

1 comment:

TwinLabs said...

You should ping Beth for input... she's getting her EdD in Leadership (working on her research currently).

And thanks for the note!